What you need:
- Antibacterial soap
- Aquaphor Ointment (made by Eucerin)
- Fragrance-free Lotion (such as Lubriderm)
What you do:
- A few hours after you get your tattoo, remove bandage and wash gently with antibacterial soap using only the palm of your hand. (Do not scrub!)
- Gently pat dry with a clean towel and let air dry for a few minutes.
- Apply a THIN LAYER of Aquaphor ointment and re-bandage with plastic saran wrap. Be careful not to wrap too tightly. This will keep moisture in and dirt out, not to mention save your sheets while you sleep!
- The next morning, remove bandage and wash with warm water and antibacterial soap, using – you guessed it – only the palm of your hand! (Still NO scrubbing!)
- Do not re-bandage, just wear loose clothing that will not irritate or hinder the tattoo.
- Wash tattoo daily and apply a thin layer of aquaphor for the first 2 days.
- After 2 days, continue to wash daily and apply fragrance-free lotion such as Lubriderm a few times a day as needed.
- The tattoo should heal in approximately 10 days. (Healing times vary.)
- The tattoo will peel like a light scrape or sunburn. This is normal.
- Do NOT pick or scratch it! This could cause scabs to fall off prematurely and pull out some of the pigment, leaving light spots in your tattoo.
- Stay out of the sun, chlorinated and salt water until the tattoo is fully healed.
- After healing is complete, use a high SPF sunblock to protect the tattoo from fading.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call
What you need:
- Antibacterial or Antimicrobial soap
- H2Ocean (sea salt&sterile saline solution spray)
- Bactine (optional)
What you do:
For EXTERNAL piercings:
- Use a Q-tip and antibacterial or antimicrobial soap to clean your piercing at least 3x a day.
- Spray H2Ocean directly on to your piercing, or use a Q-tip or cotton ball to soak fr a few minutes.
- You can also use an antiseptic such as Bactine.
For ORAL piercings:
- Rinse with Listerine or warm water with sea salt 2-3x a day until healed.
- Do NOT use: Ointments! They hold in dirt + oil + sweat, which can lead to infection.
- Do NOT use: Rubbing alcohol or peroxide!
- Do NOT change out jewelry before piercing is properly healed.
- Healing times vary. Your piercer will let you know the normal healing time for your particular piercing.
- Follow these instructions exactly to ensure proper healing.
If you have any questions or show any signs of infection, allergic or adverse/abnormal reaction resulting from your piercing or tattoo, please call the shop at (817) 594-7566 immediately. If infection occurs, medical attention is required to get an antibiotic.